Click to zoom
Canon first-ever, compact telephoto monocular!
Long-range viewing and recording with a compact, pocketable design, the Canon PowerShot ZOOM is a unique digital camera that blends the capabilities of a PowerShot point-and-shoot with the reach of something like a stabilized monocular. Incorporating an impressive 100-400mm equivalent focal length zoom range, with 2x digital zoom possible, this sleek camera is ideal for handheld birding, wildlife viewing, and even sports subjects. A 12.1MP CMOS sensor records both stills and full HD 1080p video up to 30 fps and continuous autofocus helps to keep subjects sharp. Video recording is further benefitted by a built-in microphone and Face Tracking AF when working with human subjects. Additionally, image stabilization benefits both stills and videos by reducing the appearance of camera shake for steadier recording in various lighting conditions.
The unique feature set is complemented by an equally unique physical design that is suitable for easy one-handed use. The compact form factor is ideal for carrying and a 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder, with 60 fps refresh rate, enables clean, realistic eye-level viewing. A three-way one-touch switchable button makes for fast zoom changes and the camera also features a microSD memory card slot for saving files and a USB Type-C port for charging the internal battery. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity pair with the Canon Camera Connect App for remote live view monitoring and wireless file sharing to a mobile device.
- One-touch switchable zoom control permits instant switching from 100mm to 400mm positions, and then further to 800mm using 2x digital zoom.
- A single-point AF system provides quick and accurate TTL focusing performance to suit various subject types. Additionally, a Face Tracking feature can be used to detect and track recognized faces to benefit viewing and photographing fast-moving action, like sports.
- Optical Image Stabilization technology helps to steady handheld use for sharper shooting and steadier viewing. Powered IS suits even the most subtle of movement types, like breathing, while Dual Sensing IS corrects stronger movement types and longer viewing times.
- Integrated 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder has a 59.94 fps refresh rate for fluid motion rendering and high clarity.
- Dedicated Photo and Rec buttons for intuitive 12MP still photo or Full HD 30p video capture.
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi work in conjunction with the Camera Connect app to enable your mobile device to be used for remote live view monitoring, wireless image transferring, and remote camera control.
- Sleek and pocketable design features an integrated microSD memory card slot for storing photos and videos. Additionally, there is a built-in lithium-ion battery pack, which can be charged via USB Type-C, and lasts for approximately 150 shots per charge.